How To Select The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #905

Car on est bien élevé :)
FrankJScott

How To Select The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #905

Messagepar FrankJScott » mar. 30 mars 2021 20:24

6 Cigar Humidification Methods

Now you have a solid comprehension of what a hygrometer does and what can happen if your humidity is too high or too low, let's talk about how to really control the humidity in your humidor. Regrettably, you can not just use a moist paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck system was my very first way to control the humidity in my humidor and boy was it trying. This is actually the"puck" that is included with humidors the majority of the time and needs you to soak it in propylene glycol. I found it for a bit of a guessing game since you have to make sure that your"puck" doesn't run out of juice. It had been mainly stressful since I utilized the crummy free version in my humidor so results may vary. I found that I had to soak the puck every 15 days or so with a humidor of 30 cigars. I just had to re-soak every 30-45 days and found it to be more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is very easy. It takes about 30 minutes and you simply purchase the propylene glycol individually. This remedy is odorless and only replaces water as a more pure form of moisture. Using tap water can create problems due to chlorine or other chemicals, and bottled water won't stay moist provided that propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make very easy to use products which you can merely open and pop it in a humidor such as this
large humidor. These include a much more controlled method of handling humidity compared to the puck technique. The only bad thing is that you need to replace these entirely the majority of the time each 3-6 weeks completely. I don't recommend trying to"re-soak" them with the propylene glycol. The attractiveness of these, especially the tubes, is they don't occupy much room in your humidor. However, depending on how big the jar arrangement may work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Like the tubes or jar from Xikar and Drymistat, it is possible to go with a very controlled method of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favorite cigar humidification strategy and ones that I use for the tupperdor today. But they could err a little on the large side concerning humidity if you use them in a tupperdor. I would like to go a few percentages lower than your preferred humidity as a result if you've got a tupperdor. Otherwise they do a fantastic job of consuming humidity if it is too high and increasing if it's too low. Once your pack is stiff, then you simply throw it off. That having been said, many claim to have the ability to recharge these very easily by simply soaking them for a couple of days once they become stiff. Although this may be a great way to save money, the recharged packs definitely will not be as precise as an original. To discover more about the way to recharge, check out this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I don't recharge since if I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on cigars, I don't want to cut corners to save a few dollars on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a common humidity method that many advocate across cigar forums. This provider revolves around these beads and they have a great deal of diehard followers for their product. These are probably one of the more expensive options but continue forever. They do require spraying of distilled water following week or two though so you have to stick to a program. This method is a bit more geared towards the advanced cigar collectors. Normally, cigar collectors will have a pouch of those a coating at the base of the wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There is nothing greater than the set it and overlook an electric humidifier, especially in the event that you've got a large or precious set. These are a bit expensive when compared with the other choices such as
large humidor but there is the advantage of very little upkeep. The units work best if plugged -- so you'll be asked to conduct a level cord to the exterior of your humidor. However some of these units have some really cool features like wi-fi capabilities and can humidify up to 1,000 cigars! (That would be a lot of Boveda packs...) You do need to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 weeks but it's relatively cheap.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
To get a bigger wineador installation, many recommend kitty litter as a viable choice to control humidity. This is a very similar technique to this Heartfelt beads strategy outlined previously. The crucial thing is to get a kitty litter without a odor and spray on distilled water every two to three weeks as required. I've seen very positive reviews out of Exquisicat Crystals with very low dust nor odor.

Retourner vers « Présentez vous »